Posted August 30, 2017Consultant: Brenna Gregory
Preference Employment Solutions is now recruiting for an Event Coordinator to be part of an organization that believes in and nutures the potential of the FM community and its leaders. Creativity and dedication is a must for this position as they support entrepreneurship.
Location: Fargo, ND
Schedule: 8:00am to 5:00pm; Monday through Friday
Compensation: $13.00-15.00/hour DOE
Type of Position: Direct Hire
● Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
● Proven excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and public speaking.
● Excellent interpersonal skills both in person, by phone, and email, with high professionalism.
● Comfortable operating with minimal supervision to meet event needs.
● Ability to keep up with the rapid pace of the position and be adaptable to spontaneous adjustment/revisions.
● High organizational skills and a tendency for detail-orientation is essential.
● Ability to continuously stand or walk.
● Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
● Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
• Assist with negotiations for venue contracts, book event venues, arrange catering and bar service, contract appropriate AV production (including photography and videography), make travel and lodging arrangements, order event signage, identify and order needed supplies, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the company.
• Purchase and organize event materials including name badges, lanyards, programs, etc
• Serve as liaison with vendors and partners on event-related matters. Including production, catering, design, materials, venue, photography, etc.
• Assist with managing on-site production, setup, and cleanup for events as necessary.
• Recruit laborers and/or volunteers as needed for event support, setup, and teardown. Provide a well-considered plan for tasks laborers and volunteers during events to ensure the event runs smoothly.
• Close out all events as required to ensure payment of vendors and final payments are made to the company.
• Share needs for marketing and communicating about events, such as social media, direct marketing, and indirect marketing, to develop a communication and marketing strategy with the Communications Coordinator and ensure that all communication is accurate and timely.
How to Apply:
Please contact Brenna Gregory by emailing your resume to Brenna@PESfargo.com.
What Preference Employment Solutions Offers You:
We are a local employment company successfully assisting job seekers for over 30 years! Join our network to access a variety of benefits:
• Preference Employment Solutions is FREE & CONFIDENTIAL for Job Seekers
• Your information is never shared without your permission
• Direct Hire, Temp-to-Hire and Temporary opportunities to fit your needs
• Administrative, Industrial and Professional Placement specializations
• Access to the area’s top employers and hiring managers
• ACA Compliant with health insurance options for qualifying employees
• Preference Employment Solutions is an equal opportunity employer
For more opportunities, check out our website at www.preferenceemploymentsolutions.com and like us on Facebook.